Slow download rates are a typical complaint about Telegram. Users have recently been relatively outspoken about this issue on public forums. While the cause might be anything from incorrect network settings to overburdened servers, there is a lot you can do to fix it. This post has compiled a list of practical methods to help you speed up your Telegram downloads. So, let’s have a look at them.
1. Turn Off Background Apps
If you have many data-hogging programs and services running in the background, you may notice slow speeds in Telegram. This might happen if you’ve allowed automatic app updates or if an app like Netflix is downloading content in the background.
As a result, it’s recommended to start by stopping these actions and closing background programs on your phone to see if that helps.
2. Turn off Automated Media Obtain
If you enable the automated media function in Telegram, the program will begin downloading all images, videos, and files once you open a conversation display. Because the bandwidth is shared throughout the recordsdata, this may also slow down your Telegram downloads.
To prevent this, deactivate automated media downloads in Telegram by following the instructions below.
- Open the Telegram app on your smartphone. Select Settings by tapping on the three horizontal strains in your upper left.
- If you’re using Telegram on your iPhone, go to the Settings tab in the lower right-hand corner.
- Navigate to the Information and Storage section. Then, turn off the automatic media download using cellular data, Wi-Fi, and roaming.
3. Turn off Data Saver
When you use a data saver on your phone, the app’s ability to utilize data freely is limited. As a result, applications such as Telegram may fail to download data at full speed.
As a result, you are strongly advised to disable any data saver on your phone by following the procedures outlined below.
Open the app Settings >> go to Connection >> go to Data Usage >> switch off Data Saver on the following menu.
Turn off the switch next to Low Data Model in the app Settings >> Wi-Fi >> info.
4. Allow or Disallow VPN Connection
Telegram servers are located all around the world, with five data centers in various areas. As a result, download speeds may differ depending on your location.
In this situation, you can connect to the server using VPN to check whether this resolves the issue. This strategy appears to have aided some Reddit users in accelerating Telegram downloads.
If you feel the VPN connection causes a sluggish download speed, you can temporarily disable it and try again.
5. Google Drive/Dropbox storage makes it simple to save Telegram files
If your PC or mobile device does not have adequate storage space, you may save Telegram movies to Google Drive or Dropbox. This way, you may speed up the download of Telegram movies, documents, and other things to your G-Drive/Dropbox.
- Start the Telegram app.
- Tap the Search bar in the top right corner.
- Now, in the search box, put Get Public Link Bot.
- Tap the Start button to start the video downloading bot.
- Choose a file to download from the discussion, group, or channel.
- Copy the content file and paste it into Bot Link. Then, choose the G-Drive/Dropbox option.
- From the Open menu, choose Save to Google Drive/Dropbox. Finally, allow the Get Public Link Bot to utilize your Google account and click the Download button.
6. Use an online Telegram Video Downloader to download Telegram videos
If you don’t want to go through the Google applications or use the Drive storage, Telegram Video Downloader is your website. You may use this tool to download as many videos as you like right from the Telegram client. The methods to download your favorite Telegram material are likewise straightforward and accessible using this strategy especially if you are already familiar with programs such as steptodown.com.
- To begin, use the Telegram app.
- Use the search feature to find your favorite video.
- Copy the URL of the video clip you want to download.
- Navigate to the Telegram Video Downloader page.
- Copy the URL and paste it into the download bar.
- Select the download option. That’s all.