Apps for virtual private networks, or VPNs, are becoming more and more common. On your phone and PC, you can change your IP address to have a private browsing session. Additionally, VPN apps enable you to view stuff that is blocked in your area. But what if your Android phone’s favorite VPN app suddenly stops functioning? The best techniques to fix VPN issues on an Android device are listed below.
1. Grant the necessary authorization
To establish a secure connection, you must first grant the necessary permissions while setting up a VPN on your Android phone. When you select the Connect option in the VPN software, a confirmation dialog box appears. On your Android phone, the VPN service won’t function if you unintentionally touch the cancel button.
2. Use a different server
Most VPN programs provide dozens of servers throughout the world. Your Android phone won’t be able to access the VPN service if one of your selected servers goes down. Try again by connecting to a different server in the same area. Follow the directions below.
- Launch your Android VPN app.
- Go to the Locations tab next.
- Change your server or location and attempt again to activate the VPN service.
3. Make sure your Android phone has an active internet connection
An active internet connection is necessary for your VPN connection to function properly. Your Android phone won’t be able to use the VPN app if there is no internet connection. Reset the network connection if your internet connection is having problems.
- To go to the fast toggles menu, swipe down from the home screen.
- Turn on Airplane mode, then turn it off after a little period.
Using programs like Speedtest, you may verify that your internet connection is live and re-connect to your VPN.
4. Keep the VPN app locked in the background
Android OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) like Xiaomi, Oppo, Samsung, and Vivo have a history of being aggressive and suspending background VPN services. For smooth operations, you can lock necessary apps like Gmail, WhatsApp, VPN, etc.
- Select Recent Apps from the Android phone’s menu.
- Select Lock this app by tapping the app icon up top.
Additionally, you have the choice to permanently enable VPN through Android Settings.
- Open the Android Settings app.
- Click Internet & Network.
- Launch VPN.
- Click the Settings icon next to the VPN connection you select.
- Turn on the Always-on VPN switch.
- The system will no longer limit the VPN service to conserve battery life.
5. VPN update
Android users may experience service issues due to an out-of-date VPN app. To take advantage of new features and address bugs, you should upgrade the VPN application frequently. On your Android phone, launch Google Play Store and download any pending VPN updates.v