Yes, pop-ups and ads shown on websites can be very annoying. However, your mental well-being is not the only thing suffering from intrusive advertisements. Pop-ups can easily carry malicious software in them and slow down the performance of the device. Additionally, ads use mobile data. You are literally paying to watch ads!
If you don’t want that in your life, we will teach you how to block ads and pop-ups in various browsers available for Android users.
Block Pop-Ups in Chrome
Google’s flagship browser is one of the most popular programs in the world. The mobile version is used by millions all across the globe. How can you protect your phone while browsing the internet using Chrome?
1. Open the menu of the browser.
2. Go to the submenu called “Settings”.
3. In the settings related to sites, find the listing saying “redirects and pop-ups”.
4. Disable ads and pop-ups by turning the slider to the highlighted state.
Doing the same in Mozilla Firefox
There is a special feature “Private Browsing” that you can employ to safely browse the web without the necessity to deal with annoying pop-ups. Simply, go to the menu and find the line saying “new private tab”. Voila, you can now browse the internet and forget about ads and notifications from websites.
Samsung’s Browser can block them too
While it is strange to see people using the default Android browser for Samsung users, you still should know how to disable pop-ups and other annoying content in the Samsung Internet browser.
1. In the menu, search for the item “Settings”.
2. Go to the managerial page for websites and download content in the section called Advanced.
3. Toggle the slider next to all unwanted types of content.
Opera users rejoice!
This browser is one of the best for everyone since it has an in-built ad-blocker capable of hiding all sorts of content from users. You won’t even need to mess with the settings. Just fire up the browser and enjoy the relatively safe and ad-free web-surfing experience!